Yaaaaaaas queen! You booked your boudoir session.
I’m sure you are feeling a ton of emotions right about now: excited, nervous, ready/unready, doubtful, but most of all – feel accomplished!
You took the first step and now, I’m here to help you make the most of it.
Your boudoir session is an investment, so you want to make sure you put some time into prepping before your session to ensure the maximum #boudiebabe experience.
(…oh, and if you’re doing a couples session – you and your partner can definitely prep together. It’s more fun with two anyway!)
5 Things to Do Before Your Boudoir Session
- Start drinking more water. You’ve heard it a million times – more water = glowing skin. And well, your mama was right! Besides giving you more energy, it will make your skin absolutely gorg and help to flush out any yucky toxins. I know water is such a basic thing, but try jazzing it up with some lemon in a cute bottle that you can refill throughout the day. If you are like me, you need a reminder to keep that hydration going, and guess what? There are some pretty amazing things out there to do just this. Check out this blog post on items to help you get your drink on.
- It’s all about the skin, baby. Start lotioning up regularly before your session. Trust me – no one wants scaly skin in their sesh photos. If you want to wax, feel free, but make sure you give yourself at least a week ahead of time to make sure you don’t have any redness or bumps. We are all about that smooth glowy skin and workin’ it!
Lastly for skin –
Girl – Do. Not. Spray.Tan.
I’ll say it again.
NO SPRAY TAN.
It doesn’t photograph well and looking like an oompa loompa isn’t cute.
- Start stretching before bed and/or when you wake up in the morning. Give yourself a good 2 weeks of solid stretches. I’m going to be putting you in a bunch of bendy poses with your back arched, your arms holding you up, and curving your body in the best ways.
Stretching is sexy.
Here are some of my favorite (and super easy!) stretches that will help you to be a limber and flexible babe ready to go:
- Seated Spinal Twist : this one will stretch your hips, back, glutes. It’ll also help you practice that sexy peek over your shoulder
- Extended Cobra Pose : this pose will help you gain some upper body strength while also increasing your overall back flexibility
- Thread the Needle : looking for a full upper body stretch? Thread the Needle is great for not only stretching out your lower back, but also for helping to lengthen your arm stretch to increase blood flow and make you feel more relaxed
- Downward Facing Dog : this stretch does wonders for deeply stretching the back and building some upper body strength. If you’re not comfortable with a full downward dog, you can modify by leaning your heels against a wall to help balance.
- Child Pose : this yoga pose is great for right before bed. It really stretches out the lower back and relaxes any anxieties you might be feeling.
Do any stretches that you are comfortable with to get you prepped and ready to stretch your sexy self out the day of your session. Definitely stretch the morning of your session to be sure you are at your most limber!
- Get your beauty rest. You deserve it, you know you need it, and having a good night’s sleep will do wonders for your energy level in the shoot.
- Make sure to add all your female peeps to our VIP Facebook Group. If it’s cool, I would love to share a sneak peek of your session. You will totally feel like a goddess. Soak up that positivity, sister!
Don’t worry, I’ll be sending you info to your inbox to pump you up for your session and remind you of the do’s and don’ts all the way up to your session date.
Smile – it’s your time.
The most important thing to do before your session is to remember, this shoot is for YOU.
It’s your time, make the most of it.
Interested in learning more about my Akron boudoir sessions and the packages I offer? Check out my boudoir page here. Looking for something unique that isn’t listed on my site? Don’t be afraid to ask! I’d be happy to set up a customized session just for you.
Here’s how you can get in touch with me:
Your Akron Boudoir Photographer
Phone: (234) 334-7684